- This technology uses high-frequency radio waves rather than wires to communicate between nodes. It makes broadband access available in areas where DSL is unavailable, and in remote areas without any phone lines. Requires an outdoor antenna and router to connect.
- Speed (512Kbps - 12Mbps and more)
- Wireless customers have a choice of download speeds from
512 Kbps to 3 Mbps
through most of our service area. TaosNet now has
t-Max available in
the Taos area that is capable of up to 12 Mbps.
Installations with more
than 4 computers or customers wishing to use any servers are
Not sure what speed is best for you? Check out our guide.
Clear line of sight, with a distance of up to thirteen (13) miles, to one of TaosNet's Wireless access points is required for access. Please call to schedule a free site survey to determine availablity.
- Fixed Wireless costs range from $35 to $95 for
Residential users, and $35 to $275
for business users.Small businesses with up to 4
computers qualify for Residential
t-MAX (6Mbps-12Mbps) rates range from $95 to $150 for Residential users. Please call for Business Rates for t-Max. TaosNet also offers higher speed Point-To-Point links. Please call for details.
Subject to a 1-year contract. Please check here for more details.
- Installation and Setup
- Free Site Survey to determine availability, and
what level of service
can be offered. TaosNet is now offering Free
installation when switching
from another broadband provider. For any other new service
with a monthly cost of
$50 or greater, installation is $100. New installations with
a monthly cost of
less than $50 cost $200. Installation and setup process:
- TaosNet will perform a site survey. This will determine service level availability.
- TaosNet will schedule a time for your installation.
- Above costs require a one year contract. If an initial contract must be cancelled we require payment of half (50%) of the remaining contract duration value and return of equipment if applicable. For an additional one time fee, we can waive the contract requirement.
- Wireless requires an external antenna to be installed outside your building. The external antenna will then be cabled to an internal router. The internal router will have wireless capability to connect your computer to the internet. You may also cable directly to the router.
TaosNet Premium Support
The prices listed below includes TaosNet Premium Support. This support level includes WiFi enabled router, equipment protection plan, public static IP address, an @taosnet.com or @newmex.com email address, and free phone tech support from our local, very knowledgeable staff. TaosNet Premium Support separates TaosNet from the competition and has proven to be a value added service that has been responsible for the large, loyal client base that TaosNet is proud to serve.
Asynchronous Services have a higher download speed than upload speed. This is good for casual users that mainly browse the internet.
|Service||Monthly Cost (Residential/Business)||Usage Availability
||Number of Users||Speed|
|Taos-Hum||$35/$35||VOIP, Browsing, Email||1||512kbit|
|Taos-Flix||$50/$50||VOIP, Browsing, Email, Netflix, YouTube||1 for Netflix/YouTube; 2-3 for VOIP, Browsing, and Email||1.5mbit|
|Taos-Mountain||$70/$110||VOIP, Browsing, Email, Netflix, YouTube HD||1 for Netflix (Better Quality), YouTube HD; 4+ for VOIP, Browsing, and Email||3mbit|
|t-Max up to 6mbit||$95/$150||Small networks, Netflix HD, YouTube HD||1 for Netflix HD, YouTube HD; 10+ for non-video||Up to 6mbit depending on destination|
|t-Max up to 9mbit||$125/$200||Medium networks with multiple multimedia streams||1 for Netflix HD/YouTube HD + rest of family can browse||Up to 9mbit depending on destination|
|t-Max up to 12mbit||$150/$275||Small to medium networks with on-site servers||Small/Medium office with a couple servers||Up to 12mbit depending on destination|
Synchronous Services have equal download and upload speeds. These are best for businesses that upload a lot of content. Examples are developers that upload a lot of picture, video, and audio files, video conferencing, on premises servers and many other applications requiring fast upload and download speeds. TaosNet is currently serving many businesses and schools with dedicated point to point wireless speeds of 12 Mbps, 40 Mbps and 100 Mbps full duplex speeds. Please call us for a free evaluation of availability and pricing for this enterprise level of service.
- TaosNet Tower at 192 Blueberry Hill Rd. (formerly belonging to KTAO) west of the town of Taos
- TaosNet at 201 Camino de la Merced
- Stakeout, Golf Course and Los Cordovas area
- Talpa and Ranchos de Taos
- Upper and Lower Las Colonias, Blueberry Hill
- Taos Ski Valley and Amizette
- Valdez foothills and Des Montes
- Arroyo Seco and El Salto
- Gallina Canyon
- Arroyo Hondo
- San Cristobal
- El Rito
- Greater World
- Tres Orejas
- Tres Piedras
- Cielito Lindo